The Weber State University presidential search committee will host two public meetings to obtain input from members of the campus community and the general public about what the committee should look for in a future president.
Public input from these meetings will help the committee shape a position announcement, the primary advertisement for the position used in recruiting candidates. Those unable to attend these meetings are encouraged to submit a comment online through the newly-launched presidential search page, weber.edu/presidentialsearch.
April 4, 2018, 4-5 p.m.
Weber State University – Ogden Campus
Hurst Center for Lifelong Learning, Dumke Legacy Hall
1265 Village Drive, Ogden, Utah 84408
April 4, 2018, 7-8 p.m.
Weber State University – Davis Campus
Davis Building 3, Ballroom
2750 University Park Blvd., Layton, Utah 84041
After the position announcement is finalized, the presidential search committee will go to work recruiting candidates, screening applications and conducting interviews with a number of potential finalists. The next public announcement from the committee will be when it recommends three to five finalists to the Board of Regents, which is expected to take place in Fall 2018. To learn more about the search process and provide feedback to the search committee, visit weber.edu/presidentialsearch.
The Weber State University presidential search committee will be co-chaired by Regent Jesselie Anderson and Weber State Board of Trustees Chair Nolan Karras. It is comprised of representatives from the Board of Regents, trustees and institutional stakeholders including faculty, staff, students, administration, alumni and community members. Below is a complete list of the Weber State presidential search committee members:
Board of Regents
- Jesselie Anderson, Regent and Search Committee Co-Chair
- Marlin Jensen, Regent
- Bob Marquardt, Regent
- Cristina Ortega, Regent
Weber State University Board of Trustees
- Nolan Karras, Trustee Chair and Search Committee Co-Chair
- Kearston Cutrubus, Trustee Vice Chair
- Danielle Croyle, Trustee and WSU Alumni President
- Lola Moli, Trustee and Student Body President (2017-18)
Weber State University Administration, Faculty, and Staff
- Adrienne Andrews, Assistant Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer
- Nicola Corbin, Assistant Professor, Communication
- David Ferro, Dean of College of Engineering and Applied Science & Technology
- Doris Geide-Stevenson, Faculty Senate Chair and Professor, Economics
- Leslie Loeffel, Davis Learning Support and Student Services Director
- Lonnie Lujan, Staff Advisory Council Chair
- Madonne Miner, Provost
- Craig Oberg, Professor, Microbiology
- Susan Thornock, Chair and Professor, School of Nursing
- Steve Petersen, Chair and President, Petersen Inc.
- Steve Starks, President, Larry H. Miller Sports & Entertainment
- Bob Stevenson, Mayor, Layton City
- Kevin Sullivan, Ret. General and Former Commander, Ogden Air Logistics, Hill Air Force Base
Dr. Charles A. Wight, president of Weber State, announced Jan. 18, 2018, that he planned to step down as president effective May 1, 2018. An interim president will be named by that time. It is anticipated that a new president will be in place by the end of 2018.