The Board of Regents has named a 22-member committee to conduct a national search for the next president of Snow College. In May 2018, Dr. Gary L. Carlston, president of Snow College, announced his intent to retire in early 2019 after five years as president.
The search committee will be co-chaired by Regent Mark Stoddard and Snow College Board of Trustees Chair Scott Bushnell. It is comprised of representatives from the Board of Regents, trustees, and institutional stakeholders including faculty, staff, students, administration, alumni, and community members. It also includes representation from each academic division in Snow College and both Ephraim and Richfield campuses.
“Snow College has a unique role among Utah’s public colleges as the only residential two-year college, emphasizing quality teaching, community engagement, and affordability. The members of the search committee were carefully selected because of their strong connection to the College and dedication to its future,” said Harris Simmons, Chair of the Board of Regents. “I appreciate the willingness of these committee members to lend their time and expertise to this process.”
Below is a complete list of the Snow College presidential search committee members:
Board of Regents
- Mark Stoddard, Regent and Search Committee Co-Chair
- Nina Barnes, Vice Chair of the Board of Regents
- Bob Prince, Regent
- Teresa Theurer, Regent
Snow College Board of Trustees
- Scott Bushnell, Chair of the Board of Trustees and Search Committee Co-Chair
- Leslie Kiesel, Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Rick Robinson, Trustee
- Jared Devey, Trustee and Student Body President (2018-19)
Snow College Administration, Faculty, and Staff
- Cindy Alder, Math Department Chair
- Udambor Bumandalai, Assistant Professor, English as a Second Language
- Kim Cragun, Social & Behavioral Sciences Dean
- Michael Huff, Assistant Professor, Department of Music
- Marci Larsen, Assistant to the President
- Stacee McIff, Business Department Chair
- Fernando Montano, Director, Diversity & Inclusion
- Justin Morgan, Instructor, Diesel Mechanics
- Garth Sorenson, Engineering Department Chair
- Merrill Worthington, Senior Financial Aid Advisor
- Abby Cox, Alumnus and Community Leader
- Claudia Jarrett, Sanpete County Commissioner
- Angie Stubbs, Business Owner and Alumni Board Member
- David Styler, Millard County School District Superintendent
The presidential search committee will hold public meetings this fall to obtain input from the Snow College community and the general public on the presidential search. Details of these meetings will be available later this summer.
Based on feedback obtained in the public meetings, the committee will approve a position announcement and call for nominations and applications. The committee will then screen applications for the position and conduct interviews with candidates. After deliberating, the committee will recommend three to five finalists to the Board of Regents. The Board of Regents intends to name a new president in early 2019.