1. Salt Lake Community College is a top school nationally for the number of associate degrees awarded.
In 2017-2018, SLCC awarded 3,326 associate degrees. The college’s general education credits are accepted by all of Utah’s four-year colleges and universities.
2. SLCC is the most diverse higher education institution in the state.
- More than half of SLCC students are the first in their families to attend college.
- SLCC’s non-white student population is 31.3%
3. SLCC has 11 campuses and sites throughout Salt Lake County to meet the needs of the community.
4. SLCC serves a non-traditional student body.
- Average class size: 20 students
- Student median age: 23
- 7 out of 10 SLCC students work
- 68% of graduates intend to transfer to four-year schools
5. SLCC is committed to making higher education available to anyone who desires it.
SLCC Promise helps eligible, full-time students pay for their education by covering the cost of tuition and fees when federal grants fall short. SLCC Promise is intended to remove economic barriers and to provide a pathway for SLCC students to complete their degrees. Since 2016, SLCC Promise has helped 1,758 students access a college education.
6. SLCC is the leader in Career and Technical Education enrollments and awards in the Utah Higher Education system, preparing thousands of students each year for meaningful, high-wage jobs.
In the 2017-18 academic year, 27.3% of Career and Technical Education full-time enrollment were at SLCC, the highest percentage among USHE and UTECH institutions.