The Regents’ Scholarship encourages Utah high school students to prepare for college academically and financially by taking a core course of study and saving for college. The scholarship may be used at any public college or university in the Utah System of Higher Education, as well as at Brigham Young University-Provo, LDS Business College, and Westminster College.
The Regents’ Scholarship is modified each year as a result of legislation. It is important that you use this website as your resource for the most up-to-date information.
Information for Future Applicants
The Regents’ Scholarship 2014-2015 Program Guide outlines the requirements for the scholarship, including the courses that will satisfy the scholarship requirements. A new guide is produced each April for the upcoming high school academic year. Do not rely on past scholarship information or application packets as they are out-of-date. Major updates to the program guide for 2014-15 include:
- Information within the guide book reflects updates related to the implementation of Utah’s new math curriculum and course alignments.
- Application deadlines for the graduating class of 2015.
In addition a student can use the Regents’ Scholarship Planning Guide to map out the classes they have completed and will complete.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to read and understand the requirements of the scholarship. If after reading the information you still have questions, please contact our office directly.
Information for Applicants from the Class of 2014
The Regents’ Scholarship application for the graduating class of 2014 is now closed. All required documentation was due postmarked by February 3, 2014. Late or incomplete application materials are not accepted.
Students will receive a letter regarding the status of their application no later than May 1, 2014. This notification is NOT an official award notice. If you have not received a letter by May 1, 2014, it is your responsibility to contact our office to inquire about the status of your appliciation. If you do not call, you risk forfeiting consideration for the scholarship.
The following documents will help you understand the application process in detail.
Information for Recipients
Students who qualify for the Exemplary Academic Achievement award are required to renew the scholarship each semester. Failure to do so will result in the loss of the scholarship. Below are the rules for renewing the scholarship.
- RULES FOR RENEWING the Exemplary Academic Achievement Award for the Regents’ Scholarship
- Students must enroll in 15 credit hours & earn a 3.3 GPA for Fall semester 2013 in order to maintain eligibility.
- Deadlines for renewing the scholarship remain the same. If a student is submitting a request for a leave of absence the deadlines have changed. (See Deferment & Leave of Absence Guide )
- Faxed or emailed documents are not accepted.
2014-15 Award Information
Based on legislative funding, the award amounts for the 2014-2015 college academic year Fall & Spring semesters (Fall & Winter at BYU) are as follows:
- The Base award will be $1000 one-time
- The Exemplary award will be a flat dollar amount of $1,250 per semester.
- Students must renew their award every semester.
- The rate of $1,250 per semester will be applied to all scholarship participants.
- The UESP supplemental award is subject to the amount saved through the UESP program with the maximum scholarship award being $400 one-time
Funding levels beyond Spring semester 2015 are unknown. Award levels are announced each April for the upcoming academic year and can be found on this website. Award amounts are determined annually and are subject to legislative funding and the total number of qualified participants. Award amounts may be reduced, may vary from year to year, and are dependent on when the recipient is enrolled in college.
Contact the Regents’ Scholarship
Regents’ Scholarship Program
PO Box 145114
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-5114