The Regents’ Scholarship encourages Utah high school students to prepare for college academically and financially by taking a core course of study and saving for college. The scholarship may be used at any public college or university in the Utah System of Higher Education, as well as at Brigham Young University-Provo, LDS Business College, and Westminster College.
The Regents’ Scholarship is modified each year as a result of legislation. It is important that you use this website as your resource for the most up-to-date information.
Information for Applicants from the Class of 2014
The Regents’ Scholarship application for the graduating class of 2014 is now open. All required documentation must be postmarked by December 20, 2013 for the priority deadline, or the final deadline of February 3, 2014. It is highly recommended that you compile all required documents and submit them in one envelope, keeping copies and records of what you submit. You may also want to consider mailing the documents via certified mail.
The following documents will help you understand the application process in detail.
- Entering Classes Video
- Submitting Application Video
Before you begin the application it is strongly suggested that you obtain a copy of your ACT scores, high school transcripts, college transcripts, miscellaneous transcripts as well as your class schedule for the remainder of the year. Having each of these documents gathered before you start will allow you to complete the application in approximately 20 minutes.
Information for Future Applicants
The Regents’ Scholarship Program Guide outlines the requirements for the scholarship, including the courses that will satisfy the scholarship requirements. A new guide is produced each April for the upcoming high school academic year. Do not rely on past scholarship information or application packets as they are out-of-date. Major changes to the program guide for 2013-14 include:
- New rules about which courses will receive grade weights.
- Beginning Fall semester 2013, students are required to enroll in and successfully complete 15 credit hours and earn a 3.3 semester GPA each semester they receive the scholarship.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to read and understand the requirements of the scholarship. If after reading the information, you still have questions, please work with your counselor, early college adviser, or contact our office.
Information for Recipients
Students who qualify for the Exemplary Academic Achievement award are required to renew the scholarship each semester. Failure to do so will result in the loss of the scholarship. Below are the rules for renewing the scholarship.
- RULES FOR RENEWING the Exemplary Academic Achievement Award for the Regents’ Scholarship
- Students must enroll in 15 credit hours & earn a 3.3 GPA for Fall semester 2013 in order to maintain eligibility.
- Deadlines for renewing the scholarship remain the same. If a student is submitting a request for a leave of absence the deadlines have changed. (See Deferment & Leave of Absence Guide)
Regents’ Scholarship Program
PO Box 145114
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-5114