The Regents’ Scholarship encourages Utah high school students to prepare for college academically and financially by taking a core course of study and saving for college. The scholarship may be used at any public college or university in the Utah System of Higher Education, as well as at Brigham Young University-Provo, LDS Business College, and Westminster College.
The Regents’ Scholarship is modified each year as a result of legislation. It is important that you use this website as your resource for the most up-to-date information. The Scholarship Program Guide is updated each spring in April.
Click below for more information:
2015-16 Award Information
Based on legislative funding, the award amounts for the 2015-2016 college academic year Fall & Spring semesters (Fall & Winter at BYU) are as follows:
- The Base award will be $1000 one-time.
- The Exemplary award will be a flat-dollar amount of $1,250 per semester.
- Students must renew their award every semester.
- The rate of $1,250 per semester will be applied to all scholarship participants.
- The UESP supplemental award is subject to the amount saved through the UESP program, with the maximum scholarship award being $400 one-time.
Funding levels beyond Spring semester 2015 are unknown. Award levels are announced each April for the upcoming academic year and can be found on this website. Award amounts are determined annually and are subject to legislative funding and the total number of qualified participants. Award amounts may be reduced, may vary from year to year, and are dependent on when the recipient is enrolled in college.