Updates on the status of ongoing presidential searches
Presidential searches are the most important responsibility carried out by the Board of Regents, in consultation with the institution’s Board of Trustees.
The search for a new president of an institution within the Utah System of Higher Education can take 8-12 months to complete. What follows is a general overview of the search process:
- The Board of Regents names a search committee, which is comprised of representatives from the Board of Regents, trustees, faculty, staff, students and alumni of the institution, as well as community
- The search committee convenes public constituent meetings, approves position description, and calls for nominations and applications.
- The search committee screens candidate applications and conducts interviews.
- The search committee deliberates and forwards a list of recommended finalists to the Board of Regents.
- The names of finalists are publicly announced.
- Finalists meet with campus constituent representatives.
- The Board of Regents interviews, selects, and announces the new president.
Salt Lake Community College
9/11/14 – Deneece Huftalin named SLCC president.
9/5/14 – Three finalists named in SLCC presidential search.
12/11/13 – Search committee members named.