Year-End Deadline for Contributions is December 31st
Contribute to your account or open a new account today!
UESP, Utah’s official nonprofit 529 college savings program, is designed to encourage families to save with tax advantages. It is a flexible program that requires no minimum deposits or balances to open an account, so families can save according to their own incomes and schedules.
Funds can be used for qualified higher education expenses at any college, university, or technical school that participates in federal financial aid programs for students anywhere in the United States or abroad, not only in Utah. (Visit the FAFSA website for a list of eligible schools.)
- A direct-sold, nonprofit Section 529 college savings plan.
- The official and only 529 plan established in 1996 and sponsored by the State of Utah.
- Administered and managed by the Utah State Board of Regents.
- Utah State Income Tax Credit: Utah taxpayers, trusts, and corporations can claim a Utah state income tax credit/deduction per qualified beneficiary for contributions up to certain limits.
- Tax-Deferred Growth: Earning on investment in UESP accounts grow tax deferred from federal and Utah state income taxes.
- Tax-Free Withdrawals: Withdrawals are exempt from federal and Utah state income taxes when used for qualified higher education expenses.
- May be used at any college, university, or technical school that participates in federal financial aid programs from students.
- May be used, not just at institutions in Utah, but anywhere in the country or abroad.
- Qualified higher education expenses include tuition and fees; required books, supplies, and equipment; and certain room and board costs.